Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chapter 2: Rejection #1

Yep, after just 4 days I've had my first rejection, but that's ok.

Honestly, it's ok. Some people say that you're not a proper writer until you've had at least one rejection.

Of course that's a load of crap, that friends tell you when you get a rejection letter, but as with all things it's the thought that counts.

Actually it wasn't a letter - it was an email. That's right, our one up to date and technologically capable agent has taken himself out of the running. Which is a shame. At the moment I'm less concerned at the rejection - after all I've got 6 more proposals floating around, I'm more concerned that it was this one that's rejected me. A non technophobe agent who provides quick responses and seems genuinely friendly (assuming the email wasn't just a clever form mail written by someone else), I don't care about the others now - I wanted him! Never mind though, it's human nature to want what you can't have isn't it? Let's pick the novel up, dust it down, and send it along the road to it's next adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home